Saturday, December 18, 2010

HAWAIIAN LAVA DAILY

One of our guests turned me on to Leigh Hilbert's blog. He gives you daily reports of the Volcanoes activity on the Big Island of Hawaii. I am sure you find his account facinating and his photography outstanding! You can view his work on display and for sale at the Kalapana Lava flow site. A few vendors are allowed to set up tents near the parking area. I would suggest contacting him on his blog if you are interested in meeting and purchasing his photos to see if he will be available. The last time I went to view the lava the security closed the park at 8:00 pm, but the sign said 10:00?? If the parking lot is filled you may have to come back another day. In my next post, I will give you some tips on planning your days excursion to the east side of the island.

Big Island on-site & real time molten lava reports - Local surf & weather- and other cool stuff -- Presented ad-free

Leigh Hilbert



Gender: Male


Occupation: photographer


Location: Kapoho : Island of Hawaii


About Me


I love sharing what is happening here on the Big Island, especially the on-going lava flow and changes in the weather and surf conditions. I offer daily reports (less often during non-event times) of these and other Big Island events on this blog ... From my home I have a 360-degree perspective of land, sea & sky - Mauna Loa & Mauna Kea volcanoes and the ocean entry lava plume when it is active. I surf and also drive past a local surfing shoreline on the way out to the active lava flowing zone nearly every day; providing me with first-hand accounts of all these things I share with you here. ----- If you would be interested in seeing my photography of molten lava, surfing and a bunch of other things I point my camera at, visit my photo galleries here: http://www.leigh-hilbert-photography.com/

Bio:



Born and raised in Seattle, Washington. I moved to the outer west coast of Canada in my twenties and raised a family. I skippered nature tour boats for many years, capturing some wonderful wildlife on film. (Those images are coming here later after I sort and drum-scan them).


I moved to Hawaii in 1998 and have a decent and growing collection of Hawaiian photos.








Romantic Honeymoon Cottage on the Big Island of Hawaii Escape to http://www.bigislandcottage.com/

No comments: